Keeping fit and active has always been my main passion in life
In 2007, after years of working in an office, I had a lightbulb moment when I finally realised I couldn’t do it anymore.
It just wasn’t what I was interested in or enjoyed. So I spent my life savings on a Personal Training and Sports Massage course (I had originally saved the money to travel the world). I qualified and haven’t looked back since. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made.
Along the way I’ve come to realise the psychological and physiological benefits of exercise. I’ve always had fitness goals in my life – from losing weight when I was 20 and completing half marathons in my 20s, to packing on muscle in my early 30s and back to running 5 and 10ks whilst improving posture and body movement all the time.
My qualifications and experience are listed here:
- Register of Exercise Professionals Advanced Level 3 Qualified
- Premier Training Diploma in Personal Training and Sports Massage
- Nutritional Advice for Physical Activity
- YMCA Award in Programming & Supervising Exercise with Disabled Clients
- Premier Training Sports Psychology, Motivation and Motivational Techniques
- Power Plate Instructor – Fundamentals
- Core Stability (Equipment) Training
- The Fundamentals of Nutrition and Compound Movements
- Life Fitness Virtual Trainer Training
- Advanced Nutrition for Weight Management
- Certificate in Sports Conditioning
First Aid at Work